5-DAY "MBA" EXPRESS
This accelerated programme provides a foundation in the key skills needed to run a business from a general management perspective, by surveying the core curriculum normally covered in an MBA programme. It is aimed at managers, senior managers and directors who have risen through their organisations in a specialist functional role (such as engineering, IT, finance, HR, sales etc) and now need a broader understanding of business and how various components fit together.
Participants will better appreciate how key components of a business fit together, how to navigate the complexities of a business and make fundamental business decisions from a general management perspective.
- Analyse key financial statements and the financial health of a business
- Make management decisions by identifying and evaluating costs and benefits
- Understand strategy and the different levels
- Develop competitive business and marketing strategies
- Understand the differences between leadership and management and your own leadership strengths and development needs
- Manage conflicts constructively and motivate stakeholders in the organisation
- Accounting - Basic principles and key financial statements
- Finance - Evaluating performance using financial ratios, the relevant costs and benefits and making effective capital expenditure decisions
- Strategy - Different levels (corporate, business unit and functional strategy), strategy formulation and analytical tools to use
- Marketing - Marketing’s role in business success, 5 Ps of marketing and how they individually address customer needs and collectively provide sustainable competitive advantage
- Management - Management vs Leadership, personal strengths and development needs, managing conflicts and influencing stakeholders
Who should attend?
Level 3 - New Managers
Level 4 - Managers
Level 5 - Senior Managers & Directors
Alfred Chan is Executive Director in a leadership and management development company that represents the American Management Association in Singapore and several other countries in the region. He has been in management consulting for over 20 years, with Arthur D. Little, Andersen Consulting (now Accenture), Arthur Andersen and KPMG, in the last two firms as a Partner and a Director respectively. Prior to management consulting, he was in investment banking with Morgan Guaranty Trust and DBS Bank. Mr Chan has an MBA (Finance Major) from Columbia Business School in New York and a degree in electrical engineering from the University of Melbourne, earned under a Colombo Plan Scholarship.
Spencer Chan has over 30 years of professional experience and more than 23 years in marketing, that spans a spectrum covering fast-moving consumer goods, personal computers and consumer banking. Mr Chan brings with him a rich and diverse set of hands-on marketing experise. He has also worked extensively in the USA, Europe, Central America, the Middle East and Asia, spending more than 13 years overseas gained from world-class companies like Proctor & Gamble, Hewlett-Packard, and Citibank and across international borders ranging from Europe, the Middle East, Central America and Asia.
He brings a wealth of practical business insights and is known for his clear and strategic thinking as well as his ability to help clients translate concepts and strategies into implementable programs to achieve measurable results.
A former Colombo-Plan scholar and Rotary International Foundation Fellow, Spencer has conducted extensively both academic classes and in-company workshops in sales, marketing and customer satisfaction in Europe and in Asia. Spencer holds a Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Western Australia and a Masters degree in Business from Purdue University.
Francis Tan is a consultant focused on leadership training and development, organisational development intervention, change management and performance improvement. He has facilitated programmes both locally and regionally for public institutions as well as private enterprises. Francis is also an instructional designer, designing, developing and delivering innovative, experiential and active learning activities and interventions to reinforce learning and transfer of learning based on adult learning principles.
Prior to being a leadership consultant and trainer, he was with the Singapore Training and Development Association as a business development director, and a senior consultant in the fields of IT, insurance, business and human resources with a number of international consulting firms.
Francis holds a Master of Education and Human Resource Development from George Washington University and a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from National University of Singapore. He has also attended programmes leading to the Professional Certificate in Change Management at the National Training Laboratory Institute.
|Programme Fee||Amount (including 7% GST)||Remarks|
|Member Total Fee||$2,354.00||-|
|Non-Member Total Fee||$2,675.00||-|
|Early Bird Discount||10%||
Read Terms & Conditions
Early Bird Discount
Terms and Conditions
Programme Executive In Charge : Grace Tan
Telephone number : 62489414
Email : email@example.com
Non-members are welcome to sign up for SIM membership to enjoy the discounted rate.
To register for the programmes now, select the preferred programme run-dates below through the register icon.