ASSERTIVENESS SKILLS FOR MANAGERS
This programme is designed to highlight the need to demonstrate assertive behaviour and how it impacts overall performance. You will learn to interact more effectively with people and manage your relationship with others with greater confidence and authority.
Being assertive means communicating your needs, wants and opinion to others in a direct and tactful manner, while at the same time receptive to their needs and without being confrontational or aggressive.
You cannot manage effectively if you feel uncomfortable saying ‘NO’ to your employees and are afraid to influence upwards and shy away from conflicts. Participants will learn to:
- Take charge in their jobs
- Handle conflicts with strength and decisiveness
- Get tasks accomplished while maintaining effective relationships
- Make requests and refuse others
- Negotiate diplomatically
- Influence others without being coercive or manipulative
- What is Assertiveness ?
- The philosophy of assertion
- Three response styles – Assertive, passive, aggressive
- How did we Become Non-assertive?
- Coping mechanisms
- Expectations of others and self
- Become Assertive
- Changing your self-limiting beliefs
- Identifying and owning your own wants
- Building your self-confidence
- Coping with criticism, anger and guilt
- Taking charge of your environment
- Verbal Assertion
- Assertive communication options
- Which skills to use and when
- Assertive Management
- Managing conflict
- Giving and receiving performance feedback
- Clear contracting, setting goals and follow-up
- Managing Relationships at Work
- You and your boss, subordinates and co-workers
- Influencing Skills
- Personal power
- Getting others to heed your advice
As part of the training and learning during this course, photography and/or video recording of participants in action will be done.
Who should attend?
Gaik Lim is a highly experienced and highly-rated trainer with over 20 years of professional and personal experience. She enjoys training and brings to her programmes interesting experiences gained from her work with corporations in the private and public sectors. Given her vast experiences, she hosted formal dinner and functions for ambassadors, diplomats and top senior corporate executives in various countries. With her enthusiasm and intense interest in her training programmes, Gaik stood out and is one of the recipients of the SIM’s Top 10 Trainers 2015. Gaik also conducts her training programmes in Hong Kong, Korea, Australia, Malaysia, Thailand and Brunei.
|Programme Fee||Amount (including 7% GST)||Remarks|
|Member Total Fee||$802.50||-|
|Non-Member Total Fee||$963.00||-|
|Early Bird Discount||10%||
Read Terms & Conditions
Early Bird Discount
Terms and Conditions
Programme Executive In Charge : Grace Tan
Telephone number : 62489414
Email : email@example.com
Non-members are welcome to sign up for SIM membership to enjoy the discounted rate.
To register for the programmes now, select the preferred programme run-dates below through the register icon.