COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY – WITH CONFIDENCE AND CLARITY
Communicating effectively with individuals and groups is an essential quality both in our private and corporate lives. Speaking with confidence, purpose and impact are key to achieving this. It is a skill that can be attained and this programme teaches you how.
Participants will learn how to communicate ideas clearly and effectively. This will help engage customers and colleagues better and engender clearer understanding of products, procedures, company initiatives and such to result in more favourable outcomes for the organisation.
- Planning and delivering an effective presentation.
- Speaking effectively to an audience – confidence and clarity.
- Speaking correctly – accent and pronunciation.
- Things to avoid in presentations and speeches.
- Planning and Preparing Effective Presentations – Written (PPT) and Speech.
- Presenting a Confident Stage Presence – Managing Stage Fright.
- Developing a Good Speaking Voice – Techniques and Vocal Exercises.
- Speaking Clearly – Confidence and Clarity.
- The Speech Mechanism – Speech and Voice Organs, How They Work and How to Use Them Correctly.
- Say It Right Always with Correct Pronunciation – Phonics and Phonetics.
- The International Phonetic Alphabet – Knowing It and Using It.
- Common Speech Problems – Know Them and Overcome Them.
- Non-verbal Communication – It Speaks Louder Than Words!
As part of the training and learning during this course, photography and/or video recording of participants in action will be done.
Who should attend?
(Level 1) Administrative & Support
(Level 2) Supervisors, Executive, & Emerging Managers
(Level 3) New Managers
George Samuel has had a life-long love and passion for the English language and has striven all his life to speak and write it well. After 16 years as an engineer in the corporate world he now trains non-native speakers to do the same. His experience with learners of all levels of competency from beginners to advanced from many parts of the world has given him a keen understanding of the difficulties they face in this endeavour and how to address it. He also appreciates their need and desire to attain fluency and empathises with them. His corporate experience has taught him the great importance of effective communication, what is needed and expected in the workplace. It has also helped hone his presentation skills. In addition to a degree in Engineering he has a Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (CELTA) awarded by Cambridge University and an Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) awarded by the Institute of Adult Learning, Singapore.
|Programme Fee||Amount (including 7% GST)||Remarks|
|Member Total Fee||$642.00||-|
|Non-Member Total Fee||$738.30||-|
|Early Bird Discount||10%||
Read Terms & Conditions
Early Bird Discount
Terms and Conditions
Enquiries : Lee Yoke Leng - 62485892 | 62466746, firstname.lastname@example.org
Non-members are welcome to sign up for SIM membership to enjoy the discounted rate.
To register for the programmes now, select the preferred programme run-dates below through the register icon.