FROM OPERATIONAL MANAGER TO STRATEGIC THINKER
Managers need to balance their roles between operational management and strategic thinking. As organisations flatten with changing roles, strategic thinking is no longer the responsibility of only senior management. All managers down the line are required to think strategically within the context of their organisation's business.
Participants will develop a strategic mindset so as to add value to their organisations from within their own work units as well as in their interactions with other units. Developing a strategic mindset also prepares participants for higher levels of responsibility over time.
- Understand the difference between operational management and strategic thinking
- Understand what is strategy and how strategic thinking can add value to your organisation
- Learn a structured, four-step approach to strategic thinking
- Apply this approach to different types of organisations - commercial and non-commercial - and to different levels within an organisation - corporate, business unit and functional level
- Understand the challenges and key requirements of successful strategy execution
- What is Strategy and Strategic Thinking?
- A structured framework for strategic thinking
- Formulating Strategic Questions
- Answering the Strategic Questions
- Some Analysis Tools to Help Answer Questions
- Mission and Vision
- Strategic Thinking at the Functional Level
- Strategy Execution and key requirements for success
Who should attend?
(Level 2) Supervisor, Executive, & Emerging Managers
(Level 3) New Managers
(Level 4) Managers
Alfred Chan is Executive Director in a leadership and management development company that represents the American Management Association in Singapore and several other countries in the region. He has been in management consulting for over 20 years, with Arthur D. Little, Andersen Consulting (now Accenture), Arthur Andersen and KPMG, in the last two firms as a Partner and a Director respectively. Prior to management consulting, he was in investment banking with Morgan Guaranty Trust and DBS Bank. Mr Chan has an MBA (Finance Major) from Columbia Business School in New York and a degree in electrical engineering from the University of Melbourne, earned under a Colombo Plan Scholarship.
|Programme Fee||Amount (including 7% GST)||Remarks|
|Member Total Fee||$1,027.20||-|
|Non-Member Total Fee||$1,284.00||-|
|Early Bird Discount||10%||
Read Terms & Conditions
Early Bird Discount
Terms and Conditions
Programme Executive In Charge : Grace Tan
Telephone number : 62489414
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Non-members are welcome to sign up for SIM membership to enjoy the discounted rate.
To register for the programmes now, select the preferred programme run-dates below through the register icon.