FUNDAMENTALS OF THE PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT (2020)
• Introduction to Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA)
• Data Protection Provisions
• Data Access, Data Retention and Accountability obligation
• Data Breach and Data Portability obligation
• Treatment of existing data and other Laws
• Data Activities Relating to Minors and Cloud Services
• Do Not Call (DNC) Provisions & Spam Control Act
• Data Enforcement framework and mishandling of personal data
• Role of Data Protection Officer (DPO) and Data Inventory Map (DIM)
• Develop a Process for Dispute Resolution
• Develop Training and communications plan for Staff
• Managing Data Breaches
• Helps businesses gain consumer confidence and loyalty through proper handling of personal data.
• Develop an organised policy, process and system in the management and utilisation of customers’ data and information.
• Keeps compliance costs manageable and sufficient to address economic objectives.
• Identify legislative and regulatory requirements under the PDPA that the organisation has to comply with;
• Communicate key legislative and regulatory requirements under the PDPA and related management systems to relevant stakeholders to facilitate compliance;
• Assess the organisation’s internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance;
• Identify and document areas of non-compliance in business activities;
• Assist in review of the organisation’s guidelines / policies for adherence to requirements under the PDPA;
• Assist in the implementation of procedures to ensure adherence to requirements under the PDPA in the day-to-day operations of the organisation; and
• Prepare management report for follow-up action.
Singapore, which governs the collection, use and disclosure of individuals’ personal data by organisations. The Personal Data Protection Commission (PDPC) is established under the PDPA with the key functions, amongst others, of promoting awareness of data protection in Singapore and administering and enforcing the PDPA.
This 3-day course will give course participants a good overview and understanding of the PDPA and how it may be applied to the organisations for compliance. In addition to references to relevant parts of the PDPA, the course content is also largely adapted from the Advisory Guidelines published by the PDPC.
Date and Time
Duration : 3 days
14 - 16 April 2021
17 - 19 May 2021
15 - 17 June 2021
21 - 23 Sep 2021
Time : 9.00am - 6.00pm
Full Course Fee: $749 (inclusive of 7% GST)
Nett Fee (after funding) *:
For Employer Sponsored Participants
For Participants eligible for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy:
40 years old and above
(Singapore Citizen only): $119
For Self Sponsored Participants:
SkillsFuture Credit is applicable for Singapore Citizens aged 25 years old and above only
Inclusive of 7% GST (GST is based on Full Course Fee)
*Terms and conditions apply
Who should attend?
Level 1 - Admin & Support
Level 2 - Supervisor, Executive, & Emerging Managers
Level 3 - New Managers
|Programme Fee||Amount (including 7% GST)||Remarks|
|Full Fee with GST||$749.00||-|
Programme Executive In Charge : Patricia Lee
Telephone number : 62489447 | 62466746
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org