HOW TO SPEAK WITH GREATER CONFIDENCE, PURPOSE AND IMPACT
Learn practical techniques to structure, prepare and phrase your text, use your voice correctly, and identify common speech faults (pronunciation) to enhance your presentation skills and speak with greater confidence.
- To deliver more powerful presentations and speeches
- To prepare presentations that will convince, motivate and win hearts and minds.
- The tactics, taboos and techniques!
- Planning, Preparing and Writing Your Text for Impactful Presentations / Speeches
- Being succinct, relevant and focused
- Phrasing your text for impactful delivery
- Think better on your feet every time !
- How to Manage Stage Fright Positively and Confidently Everytime
- How to Write it (text) Right, Say it Right, and Sound Right
- Writing memorable soundbites
- Use of euphony to sound good
- Choice and use of words
- Vocal Expression for Outstanding Presentations
- Developing a more melodious speaking voice and vocal tone
- Vocal skills practice – Resonance, projection and articulation
- Voice Production and Clear Speech
- Using your speech and voice organs correctly
- Discover your vocal faults and mispronunciations
- Developing Correct Ways of Using the Voice for Impact
- Breathing and relaxation techniques
- Using resonators and articulators
- Posture and tensions of speech muscles
- Problems in Pronunciation of Standard English
- Phonics and phonetics
- Causes of indistinct speech
- Practical exercises to improve sounds of spoken English
- Individual Speech and Voice Analysis
- Using resonators and breath support for good tonal quality
- Habitual pitch versus natural pitch
- Monotony versus melody
- Knowing the 44 Phonetic Symbols and Speech Sounds for Correct Pronunciation
- Voice Problems and Vocal Fatigue Affecting Presentations and Spoken Communication
As part of the training and learning during the course, photography and/or video-recording of participants in action will be done.
Who should attend?
(Level 1) Admin & Support
(Level 2) Supervisor, Executive, & Emerging Managers
(Level 3) New Managers
Tan Teck Huat (TH) Gold Medalist (Public Speaking) LAM - has been a course leader in management development programmes for the Singapore Institute of Management since 1976.
He was appointed Honorary Adviser (5 years) to the National Community Leadership Institute from 1995 to 2000 by the Deputy Chairman of the Peoples Association (Singapore).
To date, more than 20,000 participants had attended his 2,000 public seminars and talks as well as his in-company programmes on human relations, presentation skills, phonetics and voice training held in Singapore and the ASEAN region. He is also the author of two Pronunciation Books: (1) Better Spoken English: Phonics, Phonetics and Voice Training; and (2) Phonics and Phonetics for Parents, Tutors and Teachers. He was also the Founder President of SIM Toastmasters in 1984/5.
|Programme Fee||Amount (including 7% GST)||Remarks|
|Member Total Fee||$642.00||-|
|Non-Member Total Fee||$738.30||-|
|Early Bird Discount||10%||
Read Terms & Conditions
Early Bird Discount
Terms and Conditions
Enquiries : Lee Yoke Leng - 62485892 | 62466746, email@example.com
Non-members are welcome to sign up for SIM membership to enjoy the discounted rate.
To register for the programmes now, select the preferred programme run-dates below through the register icon.