PRACTICAL MANAGEMENT SKILLS FOR THE EXECUTIVE AND SENIOR SECRETARIES
As an important member of the team, an effective secretary must maintain high levels of service delivery to achieve the organisation’s objectives. This programme highlights the importance of your role and aims to prepare you with the necessary information to handle your duties and manage the demands of your role successfully.
At this intensive programme, you will learn to:
- Manage your key roles and identify key tasks to achieve peak performance
- Manage the office more efficiently through application of key management concepts like teamwork, leadership, assertiveness and EQ Skills
- Be a good coach and delegate tasks to your ‘juniors’ confidently, tactfully and tactically
- Take feedback and criticisms positively and give timely constructive feedback to promote greater team effort
- Be a respected team leader and good role model, and win the respect and trust of subordinates, colleagues and bosses
- Know how to communicate more effectively and sharpen your communication skills
Know your Role as an Executive Secretary / Personal Assistant
- The executive secretary / personal assistant as an ideal ‘office manager’ and team leader
- Skills for ‘survival’ and managing your future (globalisation!)
- Your place in the ‘lean’ and ‘mean’ organizations
- Creating a positive and harmonious working environment
Becoming a Team Leader and Motivational Techniques
- Becoming an effective team leader and managing more professionally
- Enhancing working relationships with bosses, peers and secretaries/administrative assistants
- Maintaining peoples self-esteem and adopt win-win strategies
Approach to a Better Working Relationship with Bosses
- Understanding bosses expectations
- Know how to prioritise and stay focus
Positive EQ Skills: Tact and Skills in Handling People
- IQ vs. EQ: What it means to your career!
- Putting EQ to work at the workplace!
How to Present and Communicate Your Ideas more Professionally to Management
- The Dos and Donts of Effective Written Communication
- The Importance of writing in Clear and Unambiguous internationally acceptable English
- The “ABCs” of Writing Techniques (Case Exercise)
- Language Use and Active Vocabulary: Clarity and Precision
- Say It Right: Pronouncing and articulating words and phonemes correctly in Standard English (British Model)
- Knowing the 44 phonetic symbols (phonemes) and standard speech sounds (International Phonetic Alphabet) (IPA)
How to Take Criticisms and Give Constructive Criticisms Positively
- Taking unfair criticisms positively without being defensive
- Giving constructive criticisms to promote team effort
- Knowing the differences between aggressive, passive, assertive and manipulative behaviour styles
- Feedback: Prescriptive and objective language
Who should attend?
Level 1: Admin & Support
Level 2: Supervisor, Executive & Emerging Managers
Senior administrative professionals including executive / senior secretaries, personal assistants, and other senior administrative professionals reporting to senior / middle management.
Tan Teck Huat is a management trainer, professional speaker, speech and voice trainer. To date, he has conducted more than 2,500 public seminars and in-house courses for various educational institutions in Singapore and overseas. Mr Tan has also conducted more than 500 seminars relating to secretarial training and education in Singapore and the ASEAN region. He has been a regular course leader for SIM since 1976.
He is the author of two books: (1) “Phonics and Phonetics for Parents, Tutors and Teachers”, and (2) “Better Spoken English: Phonics, Phonetics And Voice Training”. His professional qualifications and training embrace marketing, business administration, speech, voice and English phonetics, and public speaking.
He was also the Founder President of SIM Toastmasters in 1984/5; a Gold Medallist cum Diploma (Public Speaking) from LAMDA (UK), and the Teachers Diploma in Public Speaking (Guildhall, UK).
|Programme Fee||Amount (including 7% GST)||Remarks|
|Member Total Fee||$481.50||-|
|Non-Member Total Fee||$556.40||-|
|Early Bird Discount||10%||
Read Terms & Conditions
Early Bird Discount
Terms and Conditions
SKILLSFUTURE CREDIT (SFC) is applicable for Singapore Citizens aged 25 years old and above.
No further discounts will be applicable if using the SFC to pay for the programme fees.
Programme Executive In Charge : Grace Tan
Telephone number : 62489414 | 62466746
Email : email@example.com
Non-members are welcome to sign up for SIM membership to enjoy the discounted rate.
To register for the programmes now, select the preferred programme run-dates below through the register icon.