REFINING YOUR BUSINESS WRITING SKILLS FOR PROFESSIONALS
There is a big difference between old-fashioned business writing style that is generally taught in schools and what is expected in modern business correspondence. The next hurdle is presenting what is written but most professionals have no idea how to present their ideas in a persuasive and convincing manner through the different forms of business writing.
You will learn to present your ideas with conviction and control, and without fear. You will gain the specific skills and direction you need to become comfortable with your own writing style. Get expert advice on how to handle your personal challenging issues at the end of the workshop.
This interactive workshop uses a combination of lectures, practical exercises and group discussions. You will pick up quick fact bites that are essential to office correspondence such as reports, emails and minutes.
You will be able to express yourself in a clear, concise, courteous and correct manner. Convey your thoughts in a professional and structured manner expected of any professionals. Respective of your job scope, you will achieve your business goals and objectives through the written word minimising any misinterpretation from the receivers.
- Write effective business correspondence such as reports, email and minutes.
- Proofread and vet business document samples using a structured guideline.
- Customise written work to different stakeholders.
Essentials of Effective Business Writing
- Creating a balance between old-fashion and modern-day business writing
- Writing skills using the 4 Cs - Clear, concise, courteous and correct
- Summary writing - 5 Ws and 1H
- Concise writing essentials
- Approaches to writing - Voice, direct, indirect and persuasive
- Controlling tone in writing
Process of Effective Business Correspondence
- Identifying reader types using audience and stakeholder analysis when drafting documents
- Using various format/templates for various business writing types
- Create rapport with readers using the three-step framework
Office Correspondence (Internal and External)
- Reports and Proposals
- Formal and informal templates to structure different kinds of reports
- Ways to organise reports and proposals convincingly
- Replying to Emails and Letters
- The four-point plan used in emails and letters
- Phrases to use when replying to general letters of enquiry and to an aggrieved customer
- How to reject diplomatically and tactfully
- Minutes of Meeting
- Organisational content structure in minutes of meeting
- Prepare note-taking forms
Who should attend?
(Level 3) New Managers
(Level 4) Managers
Caroline Josephine Dawson is an ACTA certified WSQ trainer and has also worked with the Workforce Development Agency (Singapore) to develop training content for the Employability Skills System. She successfully attained industry approved competencies in conducting, planning and designing competency-based assessments for workshops. As a corporate trainer, she markets the value of her programmes and persuade clients to value and understand the importance of good communication and management skills in the work force.
Caroline’s experience in working with public and private sector training has become one of her training strengths. Her participants can attest to her motivational, instructional and highly experiential training method. She has trained operational, supervisory and managerial staff from various organisations.
Caroline holds a Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) from the London Teacher Training College and also teaches English as a foreign language. She is also a MBTI®, DISC Accredited Administrator, Enneagram and Lumina Spark practitioner and has administered the tools to top level managers and supervisors on managing their leadership styles and team members.
|Programme Fee||Amount (including 7% GST)||Remarks|
|Member Total Fee||$909.50||-|
|Non-Member Total Fee||$1,048.60||-|
|Early Bird Discount||10%||
Read Terms & Conditions
Early Bird Discount
Terms and Conditions
Programme Executive In Charge : Lee Yoke Leng
Telephone Number : 62485892 | 62466746,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Non-members are welcome to sign up for SIM membership to enjoy the discounted rate.
To register for the programmes now, select the preferred programme run-dates below through the register icon.