STRATEGIES & SKILLS OF A SHARP NEGOTIATOR
We are operating in a more complex and demanding environment that requires us to negotiate with our internal and external stakeholders.
To add to the complexity, we are dealing with different cultures, conflicting interests and matrix reporting structures. This programme consolidates these new facets into a negotiation framework, enabling you to powerfully negotiate and influence others.
You will be able to apply negotiation and influencing strategies and techniques to achieve your business objectives.
Emphasis will be on real-world application, taking into consideration the VUCA business world (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous).
- Identify the needs, drivers and hidden agenda for the negotiation setting
- Apply knowledge on interpersonal relationship & emotional intelligence in the negotiation process
- Apply different negotiation strategies for a range of scenarios (i.e. conflict management, performance review or customer deals)
- Understand how cultural differences may affect negotiation and how to turn them in your favour
- Ability to gain insights and use tactics to change the balance of power
- Apply flexibility in handling different communication style and personality
- Achieve positive outcomes through effective negotiation and influencing strategy
- Using ICON approach for negotiation
- Probe for INTERESTS
- Use CRITERIA to understand and persuade
- Generate possible OPTIONS
- Identify NO-AGREEMENT alternatives
- Negotiation planning process to be used in a range of situations
- A “Toolbox” on influencing skills:
- Reciprocity, Scarcity, Authority, Consistency, Liking, Consensus
- Case studies and discussions
- There will be some pre-reading required for this programme, to prepare for the case study.
Who should attend?
(Level 3) New Managers
(Level 4) Managers
(Level 5) Senior Managers & Directors
Lorraine Kwek is a highly experienced speaker and trainer, having facilitated presentation skills training for the past 23 years for various local and international organisations, including LG, SingTel, Estee Lauder, Maybank, RHB, etc.
Her Negotiation Dynamics programme has been a mainstay in the Centre for Management Development, MINDEF, for the past 15 years. She is a Certified Behavioural Consultant for the DISC system.
|Programme Fee||Amount (including 7% GST)||Remarks|
|Member Total Fee||$588.50||-|
|Non-Member Total Fee||$695.50||-|
|Early Bird Discount||10%||
Read Terms & Conditions
Early Bird Discount
Terms and Conditions
Programme Executive In Charge :Kathleen Tan
Telephone Number :62489407 | 62466746
Email : email@example.com
Non-members are welcome to sign up for SIM membership to enjoy the discounted rate.
To register for the programmes now, select the preferred programme run-dates below through the register icon.